Types Of Personal Injuries In New Albany
When a person undergoes an accident, there are many different kinds of injuries that they could incur. Depending on the severity of the accident, an injury may be serious enough to cause lifelong complications or even death. To ensure that you obtain compensation for your losses,
you should make sure to hire a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. At SedwickLaw, PC, you can be confident knowing that I will make your case a top priority. I am attorney Marc Sedwick, and I have successfully won compensation for many clients in a variety of different cases.
Some of the most common types of injuries that people incur from their accidents include:
- Birth Injuries: During pregnancy, a doctor might not prescribe the proper care for the mother or the child, resulting in injury to one or both. Any problem that arises in the pregnancy, labor or delivery stage of the process could be classified as a birth injury.
- Broken bones: A bone that fractures or breaks during an accident can cause severe damage to the bone itself and the surrounding tissues. Any complications could prolong the recovery as the victim is trying to rehabilitate.
- Burn injuries: Burns can be caused by heat, chemicals or friction. Not only are these extremely painful, but they can also lead to permanent scarring or amputation.
- Catastrophic injuries: Any injury that causes permanent or long-lasting damage can be classified as catastrophic. The permanent disabilities incurred by catastrophic injury may greatly affect one’s standard of living as they adjust to a new way of living and have to pay for extra costs associated with recovery.
- Neck/back injuries: Trauma to the neck and back can cause debilitating pain that may lead to more serious spinal cord injuries. The most common type of injury that affects the neck and back is whiplash.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Force to the skull can cause external and internal issues, especially when the skull is pierced. Victims may experience seizures, confusion, lack of coordination, weakness, slurred speech and other negative symptoms.
Need a lawyer to represent you in your personal injury claim? Contact my firm before it’s too late. Trust me, an attorney who has been selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers since 2020.
Call 812-920-4594 now to schedule your initial consultation. I am eager to assist you.